image source: google.com
The Internet is one of the important things in one’s present life, according to “www.internetlivestats.com In 2014, nearly 75% (2.1 billion) of all internet users in the world (2.8 billion) live in the top 20 countries. The remaining 25% (0.7 billion) is distributed among the other 178 countries, each representing less than 1% of total users” which shows us how important is internet, if you are reading this now you are one of the users as well of course let’s see according to current technology how the internet might be in 100 years from now if it exist.
No man can predict the future with 100% accuracy, even it is 100 days or 100 years from now. But we can look at where current technology is heading for and how may it will be in the future. Let’s look at some of the predictions made by mankind about the future of the internet.
- Something new and advance technology will take its place
- Everyone will be networked
Networking with family, friends & work.
- Monitored and computerized
Human bodies, Homes, Businesses will be monitored 24/7/365.
- Thought controlled communication
People will be able to communicate through thought by aid of the internet and advanced technology.
- Super computerized brains
Some speculate that we will be connected to super computers which will help our brains work much faster and of course better.
- E-mail and Teleportation
Where people can teleport objects to another using email. Online stores and delivery will be much easy.
- Fingerprints and DNA
DNA will be used sign digital fingerprints as a privacy safeguard.
- Hologram meetings
Meet anyone using hologram devises which may be connected to social media.
- Thought controlled web search
Searching the web by simply thinking , mechanisms connected to human brains which enabling us to access the internet using our brains anywhere anytime.
- It will be everywhere and everything (THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING “IOE”)
Almost many things in our life is connected to the web already, in near future there will be few more thing will be connected to the internet such as SMART CARS , SMART APPLIANCES , SMART BEDS ETC.
But will it be secured and protect our privacy? What if these high techs abused or get in to the wrong hands? And the loss of employment due to automated services like smart cars, smart transportation the impact on societies. That’s a question we don’t know the answer for it yet but we hope there will be solutions for make everything better tomorrow for everyone.
Author : Atheeq Anver